Technical University of Munich
Department of Informatics - I3
85748 Garching b. München
Phone: +49 (0)89 / 289-18568
Fax: +49 (0)89 / 289-17257
- Machine Learning
- Graph Mining
- Network Security
- 2016: Post-Doctoral Researcher, Technische Universität München, Munich, Germany
- 2008 - 2015: Research Assistant at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
- 2010: Visiting Researcher at the Research Center for Mathematics, Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2008: Visiting Researcher at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico
- 2010 - 2015: Ph.D. in Computer Science at Tecnologico de Monterrey. Thesis: “A Social Structure Model to Detect Anomalies in DNS Servers”. Graduated with Outstanding Thesis (Highest grade for a thesis).
- 2008 - 2010: M.Sc. in Computer Science at Tecnologico de Monterrey. Thesis: “Towards a Social Model to Detect DDoS Attacks in DNS Server”.
- 2004 - 2008: B.Sc. in Systems Engineering at Universidad del Valle de Mexico. Final proficiency project: “Controlling a DC motor using a cellphone”.
Academic Honors and Awards
- 2015: CONACyT Postdoctoral Fellowship to conduct research at Technische Universität München, Munich, Germany. Funded from January 2016 to December 2016.
- 2012: Second best paper award in the 2012 Mexican Conference on Artificial for the paper “Computational Complexity of a Special Case of Computing Groups in a Graph”, award granted by the Mexican Society for Artificial Intelligence.
- 2010: CONACyT Scholarship to conduct studies towards a Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- 2008: ITESM-CEM Scholarship to conduct studies towards a M.Sc. in Computer Science.
Scientific Community Services
- Organizer of the 1st Workshop in Computer Security and Pattern Recognition 2013, Mexico
REVIEWER FOR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- 13th Mexican International Conference for Artificial Intelligence, MICAI, 2014
- 22th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers, CONIELECOMP 2012.